A hapless horse named Slim failed to live up to his name when he got wedged inside his horse box – and had to be be cut free to firefighters.
Three fire crews rushed to the scene when Slim got wedged upside down in the cramped space.
A vet sedated the animal and firefighters were in a race against time amid fears he could suffocated if left for too long.
The specialist animal rescue team, from Bedminster Fire Station in Bristol, had to cut open the back end of the horsebox to create a bigger exit hole.
They then covered the unconscious horse’s head to keep him calm if the sedation wore off, and used straps to carefully pull him out of the horsebox.
And despite being a bit bloodied around the neck from the rescue crew’s exertions, the vet confirmed once Slim came round that he was not seriously harmed.
The rescue took place at 10.30am on Friday morning on rural Duck Street in Thytherington, South Glos., and was attended by two fire crews from Bedminster and one from nearby Thornbury.
A series of photos of the rescue were later Tweeted by Bedminster Fire Station after the incident on Friday morning, with the hashtag #NotJustFires.
And the team confirmed on Facebook that, other than a few cuts and bruises, the horse was fine.