real fix
AnimalsCrimeGeneralHealthMost PopularBow-wow and arrow: puppy survives being shot with a foot-long dart

Bow-wow and arrow: puppy survives being shot with a foot-long dart

 

A puppy had to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing a foot-long ARROW.

The owners of 12-week-old Loula rushed her to the vets last week because she wouldn’t stop vomiting.

The vet holds up the arrow which Loula the Staffordshire Bull Terrier swallowed. SWARROW; A puppy had to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing a foot-long ARROW. The owners of 12-week-old Loula (corr) rushed her to the vets last week because she wouldn't stop vomiting. They had assumed she had swallowed a pen, having found a chew-up lid in the house, but the 18-inch-long puppy had actually eaten something almost as long as her. But following an X-ray, they were stunned to see the arrow - which was almost as long as the Staffordshire Bull Terrier - lodged in her stomach and digestive tract.

The vet holds up the arrow which Loula the Staffordshire Bull Terrier swallowed. 

They had assumed she had swallowed a pen, having found a chew-up lid in the house, but the 18-inch-long puppy had actually eaten something almost as long as her.

But following an X-ray, they were stunned to see the arrow – which was almost as long as the Staffordshire Bull Terrier – lodged in her stomach and digestive tract.

X-ray shows the arrow inside Loula the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. SWARROW; A puppy had to undergo emergency surgery after swallowing a foot-long ARROW. The owners of 12-week-old Loula (corr) rushed her to the vets last week because she wouldn't stop vomiting. They had assumed she had swallowed a pen, having found a chew-up lid in the house, but the 18-inch-long puppy had actually eaten something almost as long as her. But following an X-ray, they were stunned to see the arrow - which was almost as long as the Staffordshire Bull Terrier - lodged in her stomach and digestive tract.

Vets carried out swift abdominal surgery to remove the object, which turned out to be a toy arrow complete with a bright orange suction cup.

Head nurse Jane Lewis said: “The arrow was a whopping 30cm long – almost as long as Loula herself.

“She is recovering well from her ordeal and is now resting at home with her family.”

ENDS

Comments

comments

Get Your Fix

Sign up to get your fix of real life delivered directly to your inbox! We hate spam and promise we'll only use your email address to send you great stuff from Real-Fix.

Follow Us

Instagram

Contact us

Media Centre, Emma-Chris Way, Filton, Bristol, Avon, BS34 7JU

hello@real-fix.com

Back to Top
Like us on Facebook for regular updates and access to exclusive content and competitions: