real fix
BizarreGeneralMost PopularDisgusted Couple Put Off Takeaways For Life After Discovering A Human TOOTH In Their Curry

Disgusted Couple Put Off Takeaways For Life After Discovering A Human TOOTH In Their Curry

A couple say they have been put off takeaways for life after being left disgusted to find a TOOTH in their curry.

Stephanie McDonough, 29, and partner David Burrows, 38, were shocked to find the large molar in the dish they ordered from their local Cantonese takeaway.

David, a warehouse operator, was a few mouthfuls into his pork curry when he suddenly spat something out onto his plate last Friday evening (25/10).

The pair thought it was a bone at first but say they were horrified to discover the human tooth on David’s plate.

They were reimbursed the £6.30 cost of the curry but not the rest of the £17.70 bill from the Newtown Road Cantonese Takeaway, in Worcester.

Shockingly, the couple claim the manager refused to accept it was a tooth in their meal and insisted it was just was just animal gristle or onion.

Stephanie said she fears a contamination risk, as the tooth did not appear to be fresh, and believes any blood or bacteria could have been marinated into other meals.

Mum-of-one Stephanie, of Warndon, Worcester, said: “We thought it was a bone at first, but it’s definitely a tooth.

“We both checked it wasn’t any of ours.I felt so sick, it’s vile.

“I phoned the restaurant later that night and the manager really tried to convince me it was gristle in the pork. She was having none of it.

”She was trying to come up with all different things that it could have been. It was clearly a tooth.

“It’s more a concern of how it got there. Was it spat in there or fell? It could have come from their food suppliers or wherever.

“It has completely put us off takeaways and we’re certainly never going back there again”

The couple reported the grim find to the Food Standards Agency’s National Food Crime Unit and plan to flag it up with Environmental Health.

The tooth is currently wrapped in cling-film and plastic bags in Stephanie’s freezer.

Council food inspectors are now investigating the incident and say they will be visiting the restaurant imminently.

The restaurant has declined to comment.

Comments

comments

Get Your Fix

Sign up to get your fix of real life delivered directly to your inbox! We hate spam and promise we'll only use your email address to send you great stuff from Real-Fix.

Follow Us

Instagram

Contact us

Media Centre, Emma-Chris Way, Filton, Bristol, Avon, BS34 7JU

hello@real-fix.com

Back to Top
Like us on Facebook for regular updates and access to exclusive content and competitions: