This playful little pup had to be taken to the vets for emergency treatment – after chewing down a fake POO.
Florence the mischievous beagle got herself into a spot of bother when she mistook the squeaky toy and wolfed it down.
Her owners quickly rushed their beloved pet to New Era Veterinary Hospital on Jersey, where staff quickly got to work.
The staff were able to sedate Florence and get a suction pipe down her throat to retrieve the foreign object before it did her any real harm.
Taking to Facebook to share the news of the story, a spokesperson for the vet said: “We regularly see pets who have eaten strange things and today was no different.
“Florence’s owners did the right thing and bought her to see us straight away.
“While the foreign material was still in her stomach having not had a chance to travel further causing a potential blockage in her intestines, we were able to remove it using our endoscope.
“Florence woke up well and went home a few hours later on a more nutritious and digestible diet.
“If your pet ever eats anything unusual ensure to always get in touch with us as soon as possible for advice on appropriate treatment.”