A hero thirteen-year-old risked his life to save his two younger brothers who were trapped inside an upstairs room of their burning home.
Fearless Kye Sibley returned to his family home after realising his siblings were still inside the blaze.
His terrified brothers, aged six and eight, had panicked and locked themselves inside the upstairs bathroom and were trapped by smoke.
Kye managed to pass the fire, force open the door, and lead the petrified kids to safety.
After getting the boys outside he had to be stopped from returning to check on his father who was trying to put out the flames.
The house in Eastbourne, East Sussex, caught fire around 6am on September 23.
Kye said: “They had locked themselves in so I had to bash the door in to get them out.”
Proud mum Maria Haffenden, said: “He was a hero. He went in and saved his brothers and we had to keep him out here afterwards or he would have gone in to try and get his dad as well.
“The fire was awful. We had just had the place redecorated. We lost all the kids’ school uniforms too.”
The rest of the family were able to get out safely and call firefighters for help.
A man was treated for minor burns and the family was checked over by paramedics.