A doting dog owner has praised her pet pooch for saving her life after its barks alerted her to a blazing inferno that broke out in her flat. Jordan Kent, 26, said she didnt know what would have happened if her six-year-old mutt Maddy hadnt alerted to her a huge fire that broke out in her bedroom. See SWNS story SWMRdog. The company accounts manager had lit some candles on a bedside table during an evening and had gone to run a bath when her Jack Russel Terrier began yapping. She decided to investigate as her pups bark as sounded different to normal, thinking she may have left her front door open after they completed a walk. But Maddy was stood woofing at the bedroom door, and when Jordan peeped inside, she was met by a wave of smoke and flames that had quickly filled the room.She then phoned the fire services, who arrived at her rented home in Bensham, Gateshead, at 8.20 pm, just four minutes after receiving her call, and extinguished the blaze.