Star Rees with her brother Ty who saved her life when she choked on a handful of 5p coins. See SWNS story SWCOINS: A toddler choking on a handful of 5p coins was saved when her brother used skills he spotted on a TV ad to clear her airways. Two-year-old Star Rees swallowed three coins and staggered - unable to breath - into a room where big brother Ty was watching television. Luckily the 12-year-old had seen St John Ambulance's recent Chokeables advert, which shows techniques to save a baby's life. Following the advice given, he quickly lay Star face-down on his thigh and gave several sharp back blows - dislodging the coins enough for his sister to breath again. Mum Marie Tyack then intervened and her boyfriend Kev Blackburn gave Star another firm back slap - and three 5p coins shot out of her mouth.